Practical Functional Assessment and Skill-Based Treatment of Problem Behavior
- For a perspectives paper on the importance of functional analysis to the functional assessment process and for strategies to overcome common obstacles for conducting functional analyses, click here.
- For a summary of this article in French, click here (thanks to Mélanie Ammeloot).
- For an empirical study showing the the meaningful outcomes produced from practical functional analyses informed by open-ended interviews (i.e., IISCAs), click here.
- For a video introducing this article, click here.
- For a study showing how a differential reinforcement-based treatment can reveal the relevance of the parts of synthesized reinforcement contingencies, click here.
- For an empirical study showing meaningful outcomes from practical functional analyses implemented by ecologically relevant people in typical places like the home and school, click here.
- For a study demonstrating the generality of the practical functional assessments and revealing a way to conduct a functional analysis in 5 minutes, click here.
- For a series of empirical analyses demonstrating the importance of contingency based progressive delays, an effective procedure for transporting FCT-based treatments into everyday life, click here.
- For a study showing the relative advantages of conducting a practical functional assessment process over a standard functional analysis, click here.
- For a study that showing the strong probability of meaningful outcomes produced from practical functional analyses informed by open-ended interviews, click here.
- For a study that highlights the procedures to, and importance of, shaping a functional communication response, click here.
- For a study that describes the prevalence and utility of synthesized reinforcement contingencies in the assessment and treatment literature, click here.
- For a study that illustrates how a 5-min interview-informed analysis can lead to effective treatment outcomes, click here
- For a study that shows the strong probability of a differentiated IISCA with sessions as brief as 3 min, click here.
Prevention of Problem Behavior
- For an empirical study describing an effective, class-wide curriculum for preventing problem behavior, click here.
- For a systematic replication of the class-wide curriculum for preventing problem behavior in Head Start classrooms, click here.
- For a randomized controlled trial (RCT) of a small-group curriculum for preventing the development of problem behavior in young children, click here.
- For a brief review of the published literature on the Preschool Life Skills program for preventing the development of problem behavior, click here.
Functional Assessment and Treatment of Sleep problems
- For an empirical study describing how to functionally assess and treat sleep problems of children, click here.
Treatment of Stereotypy
- For an empirical study that describes an effective and socially validated means of addressing chronic stereotypy exhibited by adolescents with autism, click here.
- For an empirical study that demonstrates the importance of contingent access to stereotypy when attempting to gain stimulus control of stereotypy, click here.